- General operating funds - donations from the community are 1/3 of our annual budget!
- Volunteer Mentors to consistently meet with youth
- Tickets / passes for events and activities (pool passes, movie tickets, art activities, bowling, etc)
- Free haircuts for youth in Albany and Lebanon
- Snacks of all kinds (to-go packs and protein-heavy/healthy, like peanut butter cups, popcorn, juice boxes, beef jerky, etc)
Christmas Storybook Land's 20-foot trailer used to store our supplies, tools, and sound equipment is no longer usable. The roof leaks have been repaired repeatedly. Supplies have been lost and mold is developing. This year our plan is to refurbish our old Santa House to use for this important function.
We are seeking lumber, building materials, construction tools, and volunteers to help in refurbishing our trailer with counters and shelves. Also we need some frame work as the Santa House frame appears to be twisted and may need straightening. Funds would be appreciated too. If you can help, contact Bonnie at 503-269-1788 or donate at https://
ALTRUSA INTERNATIONAL OF ALBANY:
Altrusa's greatest need is additional funding for Kidz Shop. This is a free school clothes shopping experience for low income families the first Saturday of August. An additional $15,000 is needed to be able to serve the families in need. To donate, send a check or money order to Altrusa International of Albany, PO Box 1815, Albany, OR 97321.
You can also donate prom or formal dresses and accessories for My Best Friend's Closet prom dress giveaway for low income students. Donations can be dropped off at Richard's Cleaners.
FAMILY TREE RELIEF NURSERY:
Family Tree Relief Nursery is looking for donations of:
- Diapers and Wipes
- Personal hygiene items
- Food donations for our supplemental food pantry
- Family Tree Relief Nursery is always looking for volunteers. There are multiple volunteer and intern opportunities. We coordinate with individuals and/or entire organizations to ensure your volunteer experience fits your schedule, needs, and interests.